January 30, 2012

IVF 2.9 - Scared

I knew this post was eventually coming, I just didn't think I would be writing it so soon.  I am scared to death right now about this IVF.  As an act of self preservation I have tried really hard not be super emotional about this cycle.  But now that it is essentially over and things are in God's hands now, I am truly afraid.  So let me share my two biggest fears:
  • I am afraid that this will not work, that I will test next week and it will be negative.  I want this pregnancy so badly. I am not sure if we can go through all of this again.
  • I am afraid this is going to work.  Which then creates for me 2 additional fears:
    • If this works, will we miscarry again like last time? when will I feel comfortable that this pregnancy is actually going to happen?
    • If this works - OMG .. what the heck am I going to do with a baby? or two if both of our embryos stick? what have I gotten myself into?
All in all, I have realized that fear is normal and that no matter what I will make it through this. More than anything I want to be a mom. I keep that in my head everytime I start to get worked up. I feel like I've been through the war, but it's not quite over yet.  Just a few more weeks (months, years - maybe) and things will be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment