January 24, 2012

IVF 2.5 - Follie Check 4 & 5

Monday was our fourth follie check.  Everything looked good and in the words of the nurse we were "so close".  So they scheduled another follow up for this morning and had me double my repronex last night and keep my normal dose of bravelle this morning. 

Follie check number 5 today went pretty well. According to the nurse my estrogen level is at 2559 and my lining is 11. On the right ovary I have 2 measuring at 21, 2 measuring at 18, 1 at 17, 1 at 16, and a bunch of 14 and 13's.  On the left ovary I have 1 measuring at 16, 3 measuring at 15, and 1 at 13.  She said it looks like I will have 7 eggs at retrieval, maybe 10 if a few of the smaller ones grow over the next few days, but they don't want to keep me going for another day or two because they don't want to lose the larger follicles. The nurse told me that anything 16 and over is considered mature. She said we could end up with less eggs if any of my follicles don't have an egg, but at my age she said it isn't very likely to have happen. Basically - I am a late bloomer and we are in great shape.  I feel so much better than I did this weekend and now I'm really excited.

This also means that Egg Retrieval is scheduled for Thursday morning at 8 am! Transfer will be either Sunday (3 day transfer) or Tuesday (5 day transfer). For trying so hard not to get too attached or too involved in this cycle, I am really excited to be doing the retrieval. I hope that this works for us, that we are able to transfer back two really great quality embryos, and possibly have a few embryos left over to freeze. 

Wish us luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment