June 16, 2013

8 months old

It is so hard to believe that Grace is 8 months old already.  In just a few short months she will be 1!! I can't believe how quickly my baby is growing up! and she isn't my little baby anymore either.  She has become so active and mobile and is growing so fast.  I love all of the things she is doing and learning, but I already miss my little baby (although I don't miss the rough, sleepless first couple of months).

Grace is doing so many fun things now.  She's starting to get such a little personality and she's beginning to become aware of and interact with the world around her.  She has been crawling (or at least her version of crawling) since about 7 months and has been pulling herself up and standing for a few weeks now.  I swear she is ready to start walking any day now.  Although she is still pretty unsteady on her feet and hasn't started creeping along the furniture yet.  I suspect that she will probably be an early walker though. (this was written a few days before she turned 8 months, and the night before she turned 8 months she walked along the furniture for the first time).

One of the funny things she does is make this really cute snooty face.  She wrinkles up her nose, squinches her eyes closed, and puckers her lips up and then does this really quick fast breathing in and out through her nose.  Its the cutest thing ever, but the hardest thing to catch on camera.  I did however get it on our video camera which makes me very excited (along with her funny crawl).  I try really hard to catch a lot of the things she is doing before she moves onto the next thing, which happens so quickly sometimes.

Another favorite thing Grace likes to do is shake her head back and forth.  This originally started a few months ago when she was teething.  She would hold the teething ring in her hands and rub her mouth back and forth across it.  Once she realized she didn't need to use the teething ring to do this, she started shaking her head all the time.  It was super sweet and every time she did it we would say "no, no, no".  Then all of a sudden she stopped doing it - right about the time she started making her snooty face.  Well .. the "no no no headshake" is back again.  I love watching her learn new skills and seeing them come back after being away for a little bit.

Grace is starting to eat some finger foods.  Mostly we've started her on puffs to start practicing picking things up and getting used to having something more solid in her mouth.  I think this month in addition to adding meat based baby food into her diet, we will start adding some other finger foods as well.  I am thinking maybe really cooked carrots that she can mash in her mouth and stuff like that.  Honestly I have no clue what I am doing with this feeding stuff, but I know she can't be on baby food forever and she wants so badly to feed herself.  Mealtime has become quite an adventure for us because she likes to grab the spoon I am feeding her with or tries to knock the food off the spoon and play with it on the tray of the highchair.   I've sometimes resorted to giving her her own spoon to play with while she eats.  So the more stuff she can start eating on her own I think the better. 

Grace is very affectionate with us.  She lucks to hug and snuggle and give us kisses. Usually her kisses are more like licks on the face, but I will take it.  I love this little girl so much and she is so sweet and loving.  She's also very bullheaded and determined already. We definitely have to do things on "Grace's schedule" and not the schedule I want her to do.  I can fight with her for 20 minutes to nurse and finally give up, put her down to play and 5 minutes later she's crawling into my lap looking to nurse.  It can be super frustrating at times, but I am trying to just go with the flow and let her lead me a little. 

And finally I will wrap up this super long post with the last fun thing Grace has started to do which is dance.  She loves music, especially the music on commercials and at the beginning of tv shows.  When a few certain commercials come on (the ones on Sprout and the HUB for seat pets, flashlight friends, and stuffy animals) she will stop what she's doing and swivel around towards the tv and stare! She becomes glued to the TV until the commercial is over, it's super cute to see.  And when the music comes on she will stand where she is and bounce her body up and down and if she's sitting she will bounce her head and upper body.  I really need to catch it on video asap. 

So .. here's a picture of our big girl ... can't believe she's going to be 1 in just a few months!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment