September 15, 2011

About Me .. or Us

My name is Mandy and at this point I am 29 years old, edging closer to 30 every day (what a scary prospect that is for me). I have been married to an amazing man named Steve for the past eight years. I have a bachelor's degree in Management with an emphasis in Healthcare and am currently pursuing an MBA with an emphasis in Marketing. I have three classes left and I will graduate in May of 2012. Currently I am working at a local automotive technical college as a Financial Services Representative. Basically I help student's get their financial aid in place so that they can attend school. It's a very stressful job at times because we have six starts a year and our students go to school year round. So if you know anything about financial aid, April to October is our busiest, most stressful time. I like my job for the most part, but it definitely has its days. I look forward to the time I can finally leave my job and move on, whether that's to be a mommy or to get another job once I get my masters degree.

Steve, who will be 35 on halloween, works as a Supervisor on a Fraq Acid crew that does Marcellus Shale gas wells. He travels a lot for work. In fact, he works out of town for two weeks at a time and is home on days off for a week between rotations. Sometimes, like this week, he gets to work out of the local camp and gets to be home every night with me. Those are the weeks I love and I hate .. lol. I love that he is home with me and that we get to have dinner together every night and that we get to sleep in the same bed. But after him being away for two weeks at a time, it's an adjustment to have him home with me on a regular basis. But I am grateful to get the time with him, so I really try not to complain when he is home for longer than normal.

We have a lot of fun together. I am a planner and a perfectionist and often take life a little too seriously. He is much more laid back, easy going, and very funny. He never fails to make me laugh, even when I really just want to be mad at him. He understands me better than I understand myself sometimes. I know that it sounds cliche, but he really is my best friend. I like to think of us as being like Yin and Yang. I was raised in a family with mostly boys. My younger sister and I are the only girls in our family and we have two older brothers. All of our cousins are boys and our family spent three to four days a week with our cousins and aunts and uncles at my grandparents home. Growing up I was very much a tom boy and preferred the boys toys over my own, at least in the beginning. Steve however, grew up with four sisters. So he got to deal with trying to be a rambunctious, rowdy little boy surrounded by frilliness and dolls and other typical little girl toys (I am sure there will be at least one future blog post about the escapades of Steve as a little boy). But anyways, this is why I think we "get" each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment