March 25, 2012

8, 9, and 10 weeks

Wow .. it's hard to believe how quickly time seems to be flying by.  And sadly I have little time to update the blog with how things have been going.  That means things are going well - sort of the no news is good news adage.  So here is an update on what's been going on ...

8 weeks

At 8 weeks I had a viability scan with the RE's office.  They were basically checking to make sure it was a viable pregnancy with a good heartbeat.  And things were great.  Our little bean was measuring exactly on time and had a heart rate of about 165 beats per minute.  Steve was there for the ultrasound and it was so neat to see how in awe he was at seeing the heartbeat.  Our bean looked just like a little gummy bear. It's such an amazing thing to see your baby, but yet it still doesn't seem real yet.  And great news - the bleed is all healed!!

We have been officially released to the OB which I will see on March 30.  I am still doing the PIO shots which aren't fun and not actually necessary, but the RE feels it helps with transition from RE to OB. I am definitely looking forward to being finished with them.

Symptoms at 8 weeks were dry heaves in the morning and occasionally during the day, queasiness off and on all day, major hunger!, my "fat" pants are no longer comfortable when I sit down, still very tired, and boobs get big and then small again, but always sore. One other TMI symptom - feeling a little "leaky" down there. enough that my panties feel damp, but not soaked or anything.


9 weeks

Not much to report other than my symptoms and being super excited to be one week closer to the end of the first trimester. A lot of my symptoms seemed to increase again - especially the queasiness.  It wasn't as bad as weeks 6 and 7, but it was definitely worse than how I had been feeling in week 8.  Oh well .. I am grateful for symptoms because that means things are going well with the baby and I am trying my best not to complain about them.

Week 10

On the exact day of 10 weeks I received my fetal Doppler in the mail.  A lot of the women in my birth club recommended the Sonoline B and I was able to purchase it for about 50 bucks.  I knew that the product doesn't guarantee fetal heart tones until at least 12 weeks, but many of the women in my birthclub (babycenter.com) had been able to hear the baby's heart beat between 9 and 11 weeks.  So with fingers crossed and a caution to myself that it might not work, I attempted to find the baby's heartbeat.  I knew I needed to look as close to my pelvic bone as possible because the baby has not risen about the pelvic bone.  It took about 5 minutes .. but success!!  I was able to hear the heartbeat and it was such an amazing thing!! I knew it was the baby's heart and not mine because the rate ranged right around 165 - 170.  Many people say that the heartbeat sounds like galloping horses, but my nephew said it sounded like a train - the wheels going .. chug chug chug chug.  And I think of that every time I hear the heartbeat.

Of course I am obsessed right now and listen to it 2 to 3 times a day.  I know the novelty will wear off soon and I will only listen to it when I need reassurance. But for now it's calming and makes all of this a little more real.  It's still so hard to believe that there is this little person inside me! I am looking forward to my appointment at the end of the week (only 5 days to go!!). I am anxious to find out when I get to have another ultrasound - I want to see my little bean again!!

Symptoms at this point are pretty bearable.  I am still queasy off and on throughout the day, but it's bearable.  I am always hungry and am trying to keep my stomach always having something in it by eating several small snacks in between meals.  I am less tired .. but only marginally.  Instead of going to sleep at 9:30 I am able to stay up till about 10:30.  I am less tired during the day as well, but again .. only marginally.  I am also staring to have some issues with constipation and find myself having funny twitches and twinges in my belly.  I am also starting to have a little  bit of pain in my hips off and on and I suspect my uterus is growing and my body is beginning to prepare for the baby to get bigger.

All in all .. I am feeling pretty good.  I am definitely on the excited side of things and looking forward to the next several months. But mostly I am excited about bringing home this baby in the fall.  It seems so far away, but I am sure the time is going to fly by.

And in case I haven't mentioned it before .. my official due date is October 18

No comments:

Post a Comment