December 18, 2011

IVF Round 2.1

It's official - I have an IVF schedule for January!!

Tonight I start birth control pills. I take my pill at night along with a prenatal, a baby aspirin, and 1500 mg of metformin.  (I'm actually only taking 500mg right now, but in a few days I will up it to 1000 mg and then a few days after that to the 1500mg). In the morning I take a synthroid pill for my thyroid - the RE decided that my levels were a little elevated before the first IVF, so she put me on the meds to see if it would help during this round. The most recent check of my levels show the meds are working and things look great.

Continuing on with the schedule - on January 3rd I will start the lupron shots in the evening and continue through to retrieval.  Last birth control pill is January 7th and I go in on January 12th for a baseline appointment for bloodwork and ultrasound. If all looks good, I will start the stim meds on January 13th. Stim meds consist of bravelle in the morning and repronex in the evening with the lupron. Stims and monitoring continue over the next 10 days or so with daily or every other day checks. 

Egg retrieval and transfer week are scheduled for the week of January 22nd.  I've already taken a vacation day for Monday January 23rd.  If retrieval is Monday or Tuesday, I will use sick hours for those days.  Fingers crossed that all goes well. The only problem right now is that we have mandatory training for work the week of January 16th.  I am hoping that I am able to be back in time and won't have to be late. Generally in the past I have been no more than 10 or 15 minutes past 8.

I am excited as I feel that things are slowly but surely falling into place.  I already have the bravelle and the repronex.  I only need to Lupron and then antibiotic for the retrieval and another pill that serves as an anti rejection med for transfer and progesterone in oil.  These are shots that have to be taken after the retrieval and through the 12th week of pregnancy if it works.  They are not exactly the most exciting shot to get because they have to be given intramuscular which means at the top of my butt.  And unfortunately, I cannot give them to myself which means I have to find someone to give them to me every night.  Last time my mom did it, even when Steve was home because he doesn't like needles and these needles are MASSIVE!!

Anyways .. hopefully 6 weeks from now I will be pregnant.  A part of me can't think of any other option.  It worked the first time, so it should work again right?

No comments:

Post a Comment