January 29, 2013

One Year

Today is my 31st birthday.  Yay me! But what's extra special about today is what happened a year ago.  One year ago today Steve and I did our embryo transfer that gave us Grace.  It's hard to believe how quickly a year can fly by! and what an amazing year it has been.

I look back at everything we have been through, all of the fertility drugs, the IUI's, the first IVF, the miscarriage, the second IVF and successful pregnancy and can't believe that we have finally made it to this place.  It truly has been worth everything that we have gone through and every cent we have paid for these treatments.

On my 30th birthday I received the best gift I could ever have asked for.  I will forever remember that birthday and in an era where aging is often a bad thing and birthdays become more of a burden than something to celebrate, I will always have this anniversary..  So instead of lamenting my 40th birthday some day, I will instead be celebrating the 10th anniversary of the day that gave us Grace.

Here is a recent pic of our beautiful Grace enjoying some tummy time on mommy and daddy's bed:


No comments:

Post a Comment