December 18, 2012

Grace is 2 months old!

I am so surprised at how fast time is flying by with a baby in the house.  It seems like life revolves around sleeping, eating and pooping schedules .. lol,. but I would not have it any other way.  I have such joy at finally being a mommy and I wouldn't trade any of it away.  Even the sleep deprived horrible first few weeks we brought Grace home.  She is our miracle baby and I try hard every day to appreciate and live in the moment.

Yesterday we had Grace's 2 month well check and she weighed in at 11 pounds and is 21.75 inches long.  This is great news because until just about a week ago she was still wearing only Newborn sized clothing.  To say she is petite is definitely an understatement.  At this point I am not buying clothes for her until we need them. What I have in her drawers and closet will get us by until she's solidly in the next size of clothes.  I have a feeling she some of the 3-6 month clothes will go out of season before she wears them, and the same for her 6-9 month clothes.  But that's ok, luckily we didn't buy any clothes bigger than 9 months until we knew how much she would grow, which it appears isn't going to happen quickly.



Two weeks ago Grace started sleeping between 6 and 8 hours at night.  The first night she did it I woke up at 4:30 am in a panic and immediately thought she was dead.  But she was fine, just sleeping away in her Rock N Play. I kept putting my hand on her chest to make sure she was still breathing. After the third night I was hoping we had a pattern started and so far she's been sticking to it.  Some nights it takes a bit to get her to go down for the night, but usually she's asleep before 11pm and has been waking up between 5 and 7 am to nurse, then back to sleep for a few hours.  Usually we are up for the day no later than 9 am.  And I admit that occasionally I still put my hand on her chest to make sure she's breathing in the middle of the night.

During the day she seems to be setting a schedule as well.  After we are up in the morning, diaper changed and nursed, she's usually awake for an hour or so which allows me time to get a shower and blow dry my hair while she sits in her chair in the bathroom with me.  After that she nurses again and usually sleeps for about an hour. Then she's up for a few hours, nurses a few times in there and then back out for usually a 2-4 hour nap.  Evenings are a little more iffy.  She tends to want to nurse every 1-2 hours and take cat naps in between.  She's also a little bit more fussy in the evenings and mostly just wants to be held.






Grace is starting to smile all the time and likes to giggle.  She also has started being very vocal and "talks" to mommy and daddy all the time.  She's generally a very happy baby in the mornings.  She also holds her head up really well and loves to look around.  She gets upset if she wants to see stuff and you're not holding her in a way that allows that to happen.

I am adjusting well to being a stay at home mom.  The staying at home part has been easy after being home since April. But the being a mom part is a little more challenging.  I love it! But I always question myself about whether I am doing things the right way or not.  I try not to worry about it too much and to acknowledge that I will make mistakes and that's ok.  Like the other day, I felt so bad because I scratched her with one of my nails.  She cried like I had tried to kill her and it made me want to cry and I felt so guilty. Then I reminded myself that accidents happen and she's bound to get hurt and a scratch isn't a big deal.  Being a mom is hard enough work as it is without making myself feel guilty about every little thing.  So I just keep doing what I'm doing, hoping I am doing right by her, and enjoying every second I have with this precious miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment